Community Advantage Resource Engagement
Through the C.A.R.E program, we provide STREM (Science, Technology, Robotics, Engineering, and Mathematics) and athletic program designed to expose youth to an array of opportunities that are fundamental for their future and areas of interest beyond what they are previewed to in their daily lives. For example, through our production partnership, the youth learn the art of journalism, marketing, advertising, research, communication, etc. Additionally, the youth participate in our youth academic program taught by young and innovative professional instructors to cover the areas of computer science, technology, and engineering as well as a youth basketball tournament in an inclusive setting.
The C.A.R.E. Program is a direct response to the troubled youth within the inner city communities of southern New England. Our plan of focus is to empower the community’s youth with a strong knowledge base of what can possibly be achieved through a shift of perception, positive energy and optimistic thinking.
C.A.R.E. will be implemented to help revitalize our community and alleviate some of the violent crimes that have been ruining our communities for decades.
- To formulate a strategic method for acquiring the support of parents, neighborhood activists, social groups, and advocates of peace to help uplift our inner city youth within the communities.
- Bridge the communication gap between “YOUTH” and “ADULTS”.
- Teach the youth about the countless opportunities that is available for those who are willing.
- Expose the youth to opportunities outside of their norm.
- Create and establish events that promote community peace.
As a not-for-profit-organization, ACVB is a grassroots community effort to establish a community sports project that connects families with the community through youth development activities such as basketball and the C.A.R.E. Program (Community Advantage Resource Engagement).